All did not end well for the Eagles in their win over the Washington Redskins Monday night. The Eagles lost starting cornerback Bradley Fletcher to a concussion.
Fletcher, a fourth-year cornerback, came over from St. Louis and signed a two-year deal. He will be out until he is able to pass a concussion test.
The Eagles have re-signed cornerback Brandon Hughes to replace Fletcher.
Hughes, who was waived last week, returns to the Eagles today, but his playing time is yet to be established. Hughes broke his hand in the third preseason game.
Hughes was released prior on Saturday so that his contract would not become guaranteed.
- The Eagles defense had three takeaways versus Washington. The 2012 defense had just 13 takeaways total.
- The Eagles won the time of possession battle 32:39-27:21
- The offense ran 50 plays in the first half and 77 for the game, which tied them for fourth highest after week one
- LeSean McCoy ran for the second most yards in his career and had more than 30 carries for just the second time.
- The offense had run/pass ratio just shy of 2/1 (49/25)
- Isaac Sopoaga and Fletcher Cox were the only defensive starters not to play special teams.
The post …read more
Via: Eagles Faithful